Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dragon doll

Any one that reads this blog knows I have a thing for crocheted dolls, especially when they're dragon dolls. So, when I found this charizard pattern I got pretty excited. I'm not a Pokemon fan, though I did watch the show when it first came out, but charizard is, basically a dragon.

I started working on this pattern last night, using a deep forest green chenille instead of the recommended orange acrylic. I'm a big fan of using thick yarns for crochet dolls; I think lions brand chenille and lions brand homespun make awesome looking dolls. I'm not sure what color I'm going to use for the wings and stomach, but I'm sure I'll come up with something that looks good and doesn't require a trip to the yarn store. My yarn stash is getting a bit out of control.

And to make all this better, I was in need of a new crochet doll for my larping character, so this will work perfectly!

No comments: