Thursday, October 9, 2008

Super Warm Fingerless Gloves



I just finished a pair of elbow-length fingerless gloves. They're made out of two types of yarn, a super chunky fisherman's wool and a thin acrylic, double crocheted together. The yarn choices were made to match the colors and yarns used in my Lyra (from the Golden Compass) hood. So basically, I used a wheat color for the chunky yarn and a light brown for the acrylic. If your interested, I used this pattern for my hood. Best pattern I have bought yet! The hood is super warm and very simple to make.


Here's the pattern:

ch 31 (which was long enough to span the distance between my knuckle and elbow, so adjust accordingly) using both yarns at the same time (as if they were one strand instead of two).



rows 2-4: dc 30, ch1, turn
row 5: dc 5 and now you need to make a hole for the thumb so, ch 5 and then dc on the 5th dc from the beginning of the chain
row 6: dc 30, ch1, turn

Continue until you reached your desired width. You are going to be connecting the LHS with the RHS, so you want to make sure the glove is wide enough to fit the largest part of your forearm. My glove has 15 rows.

Finishing:


Slip stitch row 1 to row 15 (or whatever row was your last)

I added a row of stitches around the thumb hole . I did this by:
1.) Attach yarn to one of the dc in the thumb hole using the slip stitch.
2.) dc dec around (5 stitches).
3.) finish off.

No comments: