Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fingerless Gloves



So, I've officially finished my third pair of fingerless gloves

Every pair I've used a different yarn, and its amazing how different they all look. For the first pair, I used Lion's Brand thick unworsted yarn (in a really cool purple and black coloring). I wanted them to match my beret. The second pair was again inspired by an existing hat, but this time it was my larping character's hood. The hood is probably my most favorite crocheted item to date. It looks just like Lyra's from the Golden Compass. I bought the pattern for $5, and it was well worth it! I've already made 3 hoods, and got several compliments! But back to the gloves! I used two different yarns, and crocheted them at the same time. One yarn was a thin acrylic and the other was a super chunky yarn. The gloves came out a bit bell shaped, but hey they work. The third pair, which I made for a friend, came out awesome! It was the first time I actually used the recommended yarn, and there is a really cool ribbed texture to them that the other two pairs lacked.

Here's two of the three I'de made:


No comments: