Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rag Doll


To further continue on my mass of postings, I have to comment on perhaps my favorite toy pattern. I was looking for a pattern for a doll for my larping character. The doll was to server as her father's birthday gift to her, so it had to be special. I wanted something with removable clothes and plenty of accessories. I also wanted the doll to look like my larping character, like you can order the American Girl dolls to look like you. I decided on this rag doll pattern, and the result was amazing!

I didn't make any of the suggested accessories for the doll, as like I said, I wanted it to look like my larping character. I did, however, crochet a small hood and a cape, identical to the ones I wear. I also made her a dress and bloomers out of leftover fabric from my costume.

What I like best about this doll is how she moves. Her arms and legs flop around, but in a natural way. They move with her body, not just willy-nilly. And her head hardly moves at all. The neck on this pattern worked out really well. I definitely recommend this pattern to anyone in need of an adorable doll!

No comments: